Total Pageviews

Tuesday, January 31, 2012

New Goals

Okay, I have no idea if anyone is even still following this, but what the hell. I actually lost some weight last year when we were keeping up with this semi-regularly. I think I was down 14 pounds, which isn't much, but hey, it's something, right! Well, since then, I've gained it all back, plus a little bit. I'm heading dangerously close to an all-time high... and that includes when I was pregnant with the boy. That's depressing. In the interest of full disclosure, the scale read 268 this morning. My high weight is 274, and that's when I was pregnant. This currently is my non-pregnant high weight.

In reading back through some of this, Lisa and I have the same problem (and we keep going over the same ground). We have no motivation. The motivation sparks briefly, and then flies away quickly. It's just so much easier to keep doing what we are doing. Yeah, okay, we'll try to snack a little less, maybe put down the brownie and pick up a carrot or something, but other then that... It's easier to complain. And whine, and moan. And buy new clothes when our old ones don't fit. And look at plus-size fashions and wonder why all the designers want us to look like circus tents.

At the new year, well, it was time for a new resolution. Lose weight. Again. Same one as always. I joined a weight loss challenge that, unfortunately, didn't really go anywhere. I decided to do my own personal week-long challenges, and surprisingly, have had some success with it.

First week: drink at least 64 oz. of water a day. Check.
Second week: In addition week one's challenge, try to walk at least 30 min, at least three times a week. (I noticed that when I was losing weight before, I was actually walking a whole bunch. Time to get back to that.)
Third week: In addition to the first two, try to have 3-5 servings of veggies a day. (This one is a bit harder, I'm still working on it.)

I have a time frame on losing just a little bit, though, and it doesn't have anything to do with a weight-loss challenge. Before hot weather gets here, I need to lose at least 20 pounds. Otherwise, none of my capris will fit, and I'll have to spend money to buy some more. In a bigger size. Very depressing. They were already getting a little tight at the end of last summer, and I've put on a little bit more weight since then. I don't want to go up a size. I want to buy new clothes because they are all too big.

I still want a used treadmill for my house, and now I want to add to that a step board so that I can do step classes at home, rather than trying to work it into my schedule at school. I'm trying to set myself little goals so that I'm not overwhelmed and give up so fast. Besides the mini-challenges, I think that my next one is to get up early at least two days out of the week and do some yoga in the morning.

So, I'm trying. The spark is not quite out, although some days it burns brighter than others.

No comments:

Post a Comment