Total Pageviews

Friday, April 8, 2011

Water weight... Boo

SW: 260 lbs
CW: 250 lbs
Loss: -10 lbs

1st goal: -26 lbs

*****
So I figured that the first weight that I lost so easily was nothing but water weight. Boo. I thought that I has staying relatively hydrated, but that's what cutting coffee and DDP out of my diet have done for me. Go me!

I haven't posted in a little bit because I was hoping the extra five pounds that I gained back would go away. It didn't, so there ya go. I think I fell off the wagon just a little bit with my diet, not really paying attention to what I was eating. I know I did that for sure on Tuesday. I found out that I've been selected to be an NSF Fellow for this year (which means over $120,000 towards my graduate education from NSF), so I went out to lunch with a friend to celebrate it. I got a very high-fat, high-cal turkey BLT (but sooooo good!) with homemade chips. I was good and only ate half of it in the restaurant. Then I went home in the middle of the afternoon and ate the rest, then had dinner on top of that. Self control FAIL.

I'm frustrated, but only a little. I still want to hit my first goal by my birthday (which is in three weeks). I don't know if I'll be able to do it, but I should be close, hopefully. I've upped my walking so that I walk an extra block to drop Jamie off to day care in the morning (for a total of about 20 minutes round trip), and I actually walked yesterday to go pick him up, too. He got a kick out of that. That gave me a total of about 35 minutes of walking. I'm also trying to watch my sodium intake and drink more water. With this new huge water bottle that I have, maybe I need to up my water goals. Or continue drinking water at home, not just at work. :)

I need to start thinking about putting down cigarettes again, too. Hmmm.

No comments:

Post a Comment