Total Pageviews

Thursday, March 3, 2011

Whoa…

Man, you guys! I have not been on here in SO long! It’s just that I have been SO busy.  What, with Lars, and working, and all the running and exercise I have been doing, I just can’t keep up. Oh, wait, that’s not me – that’s Becky doing all of the working out – I get so confused!

The rest is true and I HAVE been exercising some.  I have my stationary bike and when I ride it, I ride about 5 miles.  I was doing it every day, sometimes twice!  I am getting back into it.  In fact, when I am done typing here I will get on and ride tonight too. 

As of this moment, I do not have my stats.  I will get them back up tomorrow though.  Let’s see, I have not been keeping track of my food.  I know I should but honestly, I feel I am doing ok.  I am being conscious of every single thing I eat and drink.  There are some days I do a bad job and make up for it doing a great job the next few days.  I have to say, it felt horrible keeping tack and going over my idea of an ideal calorie count.  I don’t want to be THAT hard on myself.  I am still working on this though.  In fact, people have said I look like I have lost some, although I don’t feel like it.  We will see tomorrow when I weight myself. 

I miss you, blog.  I really do.  It feels good to have a place to go and let out what I am feeling about how I look.  It also keeps me in check. 

Becky, I think the girl sold the treadmill! I wish I had gotten it, actually.

OH, so this couch to 5k thing. I too was always envious of runners.  I thought they were so cool with their little ponytails and cute running shoes.  So, I thought I would do it. In fact, I was using the exact same program Becky mentioned using.  I am a damn fool to think that was a good idea. It was HORRIBLE for me.    I did the first session; which was supposed to be 5 minute warm up walking (brisk), then alternating 60 seconds of jobbing with 90 seconds of walking until you reach a total of 20 minutes. Yeah, I got the 5 minute brisk walk down ok and then did, what felt like, running until I felt like it had been longer than my 60 second limit only to see that it had been 37 seconds.  I can’t even run for the full 60 seconds without feeling like I am dying.  I MAY try it again, I have not decided totally against it but I really don’t see it happening.  Chris even told me he would buy me a new laptop if I worked all the up to the 3 mile mark.  Yeah, not worth it.  Not worth it at all. Hot damn, it sucked.

Part of me says to keep going, you can do it.  Then the other 99% of me is laughing like a batshit crazy person saying, “are you effing mad, woman?”.  It really is not for everyone. 

My main problem is I get this severe pain when I walk (or run) for more than 10 minutes or so.  It is on the outer side of my calf.  Almost like a shin splint I guess, but on the side rather than the front.  It gets so bad I have to stop sometimes.  I almost had to call for a ride the other night.  I don’t get this when I ride the bike, so that is the numero uno reason I am thinking I may just not even give the running thing another think. 

ok – if I am going to ride tonight I need to get my ass on the bike and pedal.  So – I WILL be on here again very soon. Smile with tongue out


**Update: I rode the bike!
5.86 miles
301 - 546 calories (420)
Depending on how you figure it.
The bike said 301
Based on my weight and average speed the internet said 346 - 546 so I have no clue
Livestrong.com says i burn approximately 15 calories per minute equaling 420. That is in the middle so I will go with that. Plus it is easier to figure out with that method.

No comments:

Post a Comment